BSD Consulting supported the Materiality Assessment of BMW Brilliance Sustainability Report 2014. The project included the following tasks:
- Elaboration of BMW Brilliance´s list of potentially relevant sustainability issues, definitions and boundaries.
- Identification of key stakeholders to be included in the engagement process.
- Identification of stakeholder expectations and perceptions with regard to the potentially relevant sustainability issues in interviews with 16 key stakeholders.
- Preparation and facilitation of an internal workshop to define the relevance of the sustainability issues for BMW Brilliance.
- Definition of boundaries and coverage of material aspects in future sustainability reports.
Afterwards, BSD Consulting guided BMW Brilliance through the elaboration process of its Sustainability Report for the second consecutive year. The consultancy services included the following:
- Internal and external planning of the reporting process
- Development of the report structure and report concept
- Content development and data collection in accordance with the requirements of the GRI G4 Guideline and the United Nations Global Compact
- Drafting of the report text
To develop the BMW Brilliance Sustainability Report, BSD relied on an international project team, including consultants of the BSD offices in China, Spain and Switzerland.
Materiality Analysis and Sustainability Report 2014 of BMW Brilliance Automotive
February 2015 - December 2015
Founded in May 2003, BMW Brilliance Automotive Ltd. is a joint venture of BMW Group and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd. Its operations include the production, sales and after-sales services of BMW and ZINORO automobiles.
In 2015, BMW Brilliance mandated BSD Consulting to elaborate its Sustainability Report for the second consecutive year and to conduct an engagement process with national and international stakeholders. The engagement process created the basis for the elaboration of the materiality matrix of BMW Brilliance according to the GRI G4 Guidelines. Afterwards, BSD Consulting guided BMW Brilliance through the reporting process and gave substantial inputs to the development of the report content and structure. For the first time, the Sustainability Report (download via www.bmw-brilliance.cn) was elaborated according to GRI G4.
- BMW Brilliance Automotive
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Barcelona, Spain
- Shenzhen, China