The G4 Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) require organizations to focus their sustainability reports and strategies on issues that are material to their business and key stakeholders. In light of this development, BSD Consulting supported the BMW Group’s 2013 Materiality Assessment The project included the following tasks:
- Validation of the BMW Group´s list of potentially relevant sustainability issues, definitions and boundaries.
- Review of the BMW Group´s list of key stakeholders and advice on additional international stakeholders to be included.
- Identification of stakeholder expectations and perceptions with regard to the potentially relevant sustainability issues.
- Definition of boundaries and coverage of material aspects in future sustainability reports.
To identify sustainability issues and relevant stakeholders, BSD worked with an international project team, including consultants of the BSD offices in Spain, Germany, Switzerland, China, USA and Brazil.
BMW Group Materiality Assessment 2013
October 2013 - December 2013
Mandated by the BMW Group, the team of BSD Consulting Spain conducted an international stakeholder consultation process, involving six of our offices worldwide. The stakeholder consultation created the basis for the elaboration of the BMW Group’s materiality matrix according to the GRI G4 Guidelines.
- BMW Group
- Berlin, Germany
- Barcelona, Spain
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Miami, United States
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Shenzhen, China
- Community involvement and development