GKB has a long tradition of actively supporting regional activities, such as culture, sports, and charity through funding and sponsorship. While GKB previously highlighted its corporate responsibility within its strategy and reporting, a systematic approach and a comprehensive reporting management system were missing. On the basis of an analysis of issues, as well as various workshops that involved the management and specific departments, BSD Switzerland developed an appropriate sustainability strategy and devised measures to implement the strategy.
BSD Switzerland provided in particular the following services:
- Conceptualization of integrated sustainability reporting
- Implementation of materiality analysis to identify focus areas
- Benchmarking sustainability performance
- Identification of gaps regarding sustainability performance
- Development of measures to implement strategy
- Concept for integrating measures into the annual report
With the support of BSD Switzerland, GKB was able to adopt a comprehensive reporting checklist covering 40 measures in five focus areas. As a result, GKB is able to continue developing its sustainability performance systematically.
Sustainability Strategy and Reporting for the Graubünder Kantonalbank (GKB)
January 2009 - August 2010
BSD Consulting developed, in close collaboration with the GKB, a tailor-made sustainability strategy, as well as appropriate measures to implement the strategy. Since the project aimed at embedding both sustainability reporting and sustainability strategy in the company, BSD devised a concept along with the corresponding measures for integrated sustainability reporting.
- Graubündner Kantonalbank (GKB)
- Financial services
- Zurich, Switzerland