Sustainable Textiles: Standards, Certificates, Labels
06 四月 2017 - 07 四月 2017
The management, monitoring and communication of environmental and social aspects is increasingly important important. Standards, certificates and labels are major tools used in this context. But which instruments are appropriate for which purpose? Which topics and steps in the value creation process are covered? How credible are they? What are their benefits, where are the limitations? And how can they be implemented and integrated into more comprehensive management structures? The BSD training “Sustainable Textiles: Standards, Certificates, Labels” supports you in answering these questions.
Content: The 2-day training “Sustainable Textiles: Standards, Certificates, Labels” covers the following topics:
Part I: Benefits and limitations
- Benefits of standards, certificates and labels (i.a. standardization, monitoring, communication)
- Limitations of certification (i.a. control / audits / samples as one part - importance of transparency, stakeholder engagement and continuous management processes)
Part II: Overview, classification and comparison
- The most important concepts and terms (i.a. standards, accreditation, certification)
- Assessment and categorization (i.a. according to organizational structure, topics, application, examination, relevance)
- Tools and databases to support classification and assessment (i.a. Ecolabel Index, Label Online, Siegelklarheit)
Part III: The most important practitioners` questions and implementation steps
- The most important practitioners` questions (i.a. which standards? which management structures? which monitoring? which communication?)
- Steps for successul implementation (i.a. preparation, implementation, inspection, communication)
Format: The 2-day training comprises - apart from the input sessions by the trainer - several interactive sessions to practice, apply and discuss the learnings.
Target group: The training is designed for employees of sustainability / CSR, strategy, communication, sourcing and marketing departments from companies in the textile and apparel sector as well as related industries. Other stakeholders who are professionals in the field aiming for a comprehensive overview on standards, certificates and labels are also welcome.
Certificate of attendance: We can issue certificates of attendance if required.
Trainer: Sophia Opperskalski, M.Sc. in Integrated Natural Resource Management, is sustainability consultant for BSD Consulting based in Berlin. She has more than 5 years experience in sustainable textiles and supports companies in the development of sustainablity strategies, mangement systems and sustainable sourcing. Through projects with companies in Europe and Asia she has comprehensive experience in the assessment and implementation of sustainability standards in international value chains.
Price: regular: 580€ plus VAT; early bird: 490€ plus VAT if registration until 15th of March
Closing date: Deadline for registration is the 31st of March 2017. Early bird until 15th of March.
Please REGISTER HERE.
我们可以提供各种联合国全球契约 (Global Impact) 组织认可的课程，课题范围广泛，比如“全球契约”原则、进展情况的沟通，以及 ISO 26000、全球报告倡议组织 (Global Reporting Initiative, GRI) 和“全球契约”原则之间的关系。
The SSCM trainings will guide participants through the process of establishing a Sustainable Supply Chain Management and will help them to systematically manage environmental…
Social Accountability International (SAI) 提供了一系列关于国际 SA8000 规范的课程。此规范是一个以国际劳工组织 (ILO) 公约、世界人权宣言和联合国儿童权利公约规定的国际工作场所规范为基础的可审核认证标准。此标准是公司和工厂用于衡量自身绩效的基准。力求遵循 SA8000® 的企业已采用了保护工人基本人权的政策和程序。
自愿性的 ISO 26000 标准为企业社会责任 (CSR) 管理体系提供了指南。此标准由来自 91 个国家 42 个组织的专家耗时五年制定而成，在全球得到广泛认可。ISO 26000 对于社会责任概念中隐含的问题达成了全球性的一致理解，也对将此理解结合到组织的战略、管理体系和流程中的方式达成一致理解。 因此，本课程为将 ISO 26000 融入企业提供了实用的方法。